SIRTN is an exciting collaborative venture between the Royal Colleges in Scotland, the Postgraduate Deans, the Scottish School of Primary Care and the Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Facility, Edinburgh. Our sponsor is NHS Education for Scotland.
We aim to support healthcare professionals in developing evidence-based practice and those undertaking scientific research in Scotland and around the world.
Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Scottish School of Primary Care
Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Facility
NHS Education for Scotland
Our current objectives are to:
- Inform a multi-professional healthcare organization on significant resources relevant to evidence-based practice and scientific research of the highest quality
- Strengthen links between research trainers and specialists in training
- Identify and address the learning needs of specialists in training
- Develop with NHS Education for Scotland on-line clinical research training
- Provide information about clinical research governance
Your visit is very important to us. We hope that you find the service useful and invite feedback on this site.